Quintech Xtreme 256 port fan-in (combining) matrix
• 850-2150 MHz frequency range
• Compact modular design – 256 ports in 12 RU, easily expandable to 2048x2048
• Asymmetrical configurations up to 248 outputs in a single chassis
• Extremely flat over any 36 MHz channel (+/- 0.2 dB typical)
• Adjustable gain and attenuation on all inputs allows the user to adjust the input signal level for optimum performance
• Touchscreen interface & embedded web GUI interface
• Fast and easy hot-swap (less than 30 seconds) of any active cards
• Redundant hot-swap control cards plus independent GUI control system
• Remotely controlled via web browser GUI interface, SNMP, Telnet or TCP/IP via customer supplied PC
• PC compatible operating software and protocol included
The XTREME 256 defines the next generation of L-band matrix switching systems featuring 256 ports in a compact 12 RU chassis. The system is a full fan-out, non-blocking L-band RF Matrix Switch, whereas any input can be routed to any or all outputs.
Advanced RF design and power management methods allow the XTREME 256 to achieve industry leading gain flatness and linearity for maximum RF performance while cutting power consumption by up to 80%. The system brings expansion by reduction and allows the user to minimize rack unit (RU) space requirements with its highly scalable packaging. The switch features a (patented) flexible matrix architecture that supports a variety of large symmetric such as 128x128 or industry exclusive asymmetrical configurations such as 48x208, 64x192, 160x96 all in a single chassis. The XTREME 256 also supports multi-chassis architecture expansion up to 2048x2048.
Other large configuration legacy matrix switching systems literally require kilometers of coaxial cable and thousands of watts of power to operate. Using built-in splitter/combiner technology, the XTREME 256 offers very large configuration system sizes such as 16x496 to 256x256 without use of external expansion modules. Because system size does matter, the switch liberates legacy system’s RU footprint by as much as 75% and the number and length of cables and connections by up to 97%.