Foxcom Main Control Processor (MCP) | PL700
- SNMP protocol based Remote Management
- Telnet/CLI RS-232 interface
- Field upgradeable
- Event logging and storage of the last 128 events
- Configurable trap destinations
- Software upgrade capabilities via FTP
- Software download for all plug-in cards via MCP
- Card/port zoom-in provides full setup and monitoring capabilities
- Three Ethernet ports supported by an on-board Ethernet switch
Global Foxcom's Sat-Light/Platinum PL700 MCP provides comprehensive management and control for all Sat-Light/Platinum fiber optic cards, redundancy switches, power supplies and communication cards. The MCP is built on a rack mounted card with an integrated graphical SNMP manager. The Java-based graphical management tool is accessible via standard web or MIB browsers. The MCP supports alarm logging, including transmitter and receiver RF and optical faults. Monitoring features include ambient temperature and RF/optical input and output power as well as software download for each card.
The PL700 MCP card has an RS232 port for initialization, debug and security settings. The front panel Ethernet port connects to the user's LAN. Another two Ethernet port connections are available on the MCP's rear panel.
The Sat-Light/Platinum MCP GUI provides a "close-to-real-life" graphical representation of Sat-Light/Platinum cards residing in the 3U rack.
The status of all the cards'operation is displayed and by clicking on each card; the unit's RF or optical level is displayed in dBm.
The open architecture of Sat-Light/Platinum's MIB offer management via an integrated GUI or a number of third-party management systems such as HP OpenView, IBM Tivoli and CA Unicenter.