ETL Vortex Extended L-band Matrix (Downlink) 64 x 64
Model VTX-100 is the new generation, redesigned Vortex 64 x 64 distributive (full fan-out) L-band matrix building on the 6 year VTX pedigree. Available in a new compact 5U design, smaller than the classic 8U Vortex Matrix range, with enhanced RF performance.
The new design L-band (850-2450 MHz) Vortex uses the same leading edge technology switching cards as the Vulcan Matrix, giving excellent RF performance in a compact chassis.
Designed to provide high resilience for mission critical applications, with over 100 Vortex matrices in the field operating in large broadcast and government applications around the world.
VTX-100 has a module capacity of 64 inputs x 64 outputs, but can be part populated to any size. A variety of impedances and connector types are available.
- 64 x 64 routing in a super compact 5U, 19" rack mounted shelf.
- Improved RF performance including noise figure, return loss, OIP3 and isolation
- Secure communications with SNMPv3 and HTTPSa
- Local control & monitoring via front panel capacitive touchscreen
- Simple 'plug & go' installation.
- Further expansion of RF matrix to 1024 x 1024.
- Continuous monitoring and reporting of all active components.
- All settings are retained after a communications power failure.
For full technical specifications, please see the product datasheet.
- High capacity signal monitoring of satellite traffic
- RF content acquisition for TVRP & IPTV headends.
- Broadcast occasional use.
- Remote controlled unmanned satcom sites.
- Live news & sports traffic for larger Teleports
Non-blocking: this means any input can be routed to any output.
Full Fan-out Matrix (or fully distributive or splitting matrix): any input can be routed to any output. One input can be routed to many outputs. Each output can only have one input. Tends to be more RX.
In general, our solid state (L-band) matrices are non-blocking.
The Vortex Matrix has a full capacity of 64 inputs x 64 outputs, but can be supplied part-populated in input / output increments of 16 - such as 32x64 or 48x48. It can then be hot expanded to 64x64. Larger systems can be made using multiple (Vortex) modules with system splitters and / or combiners – such as 64x128 or 64x192 up to a maximum of 512x512.
We also have modules with other capacities - please see;
Hawk Matrix - Dual 8 input x 8 output
Victor Matrix - Up to 16 input x 16 output (populated in increments of 4)
Enigma Matrix - up to 32 inputs x 32 outputs (populated by increments of 1)
Hurricane Matrix - Up to 64 inputs x 64 outputs (populated in increments of 8)
Vulcan Matrix - Up to 128 inputs x 128 outputs (populated in increments of 8)
Harrier Matrix - Up to 128 inputs x 128 outputs (populated in increments of 8)