AvL 1810 Premium Military
1.8m Motorized Transportable Vehicle-Mount Satellite Antenna 2-Port X-Band
AvL's 1.8m vehicle-mount / drive away Military antenna systems offer strong performance in a small, lightweight and low-profile package. The 1.8m antenna systems offer standard Ku-band, with L- and X-band optional. The antennas feature integrated GPS and level sensors for automatic vehicle tilt compensation.
AvL’s Military antennas are designed to meet and exceed the highest performance requirements around the world to guarantee both satellite authority compliance and peak in performance, reliability and availability. Typically these antennas are used in signal contribution for high data rate and bandwidth as well as high power broadcast or similar applications.
AvL 1810 X -Band Vehicle-Mount Premium Military Antenna Systems feature:
• Non-load-bearing 1.8m AvL carbon fiber single-piece reflector with surface treatment for Ka-band
• High-precision azimuth bearing
• Integrated backing structure for minimized stow height
• Wide booms to allow larger HPA envelope
• Jog control or fully automatic auto-acquisition controllers
• Feed options for Ku-, Ka- and X-band; optional C-band for international
• RF electronic mounting either on feed boom, back of reflector, base, or inside vehicle
• 25ft (8m) RG59 coax and controller interconnect cables
• Zero backlash AvL Cable Drive with 400° Az & 0-90° El movement
• Stows to 17.7" H (45 cm H)
• Optional saddlebag mount for larger HPAs
• High-torque elevation motor
• Through-pedestal cross-axis waveguide kit
• Optional Transmit Rotary Joint on Feed
• Limited function 3-axis jog controller with auto-stow
• Optional aerodynamic cowlings
• Aerodynamic cowling is available
While the vast majority of military applications to date have relied on commercial satellite interoperability, especially at Ku-band, AvL is now leading the industry in the delivery of systems that will operate over the next generation of military satellites, including Xtar (X-band) and the new US Army Wideband Global Satellite (WGS) constellation (X- and Ka-band). Most of our military antennas can be offered with upgradability to X- and Ka-bands of operation.
AvL antennas interface easily with all RF systems and are compliant with FCC and Intelsat requirements for 2° spacing as well as optional models for meeting Eutelsat and Asiasat criteria. AvL antennas are also in the certification process for operation over the US Army DSCS and WGS satellites.